Saturday, July 21, 2012

No matter how many times I tell myself to sit down and blog something always takes me to another thing or I am so tired I fall asleep with the computer on my lap.  As usual I am behind and so many cool things have happened that I don't know where to begin.

I will pick up where my last post left off and let you know that I am still with Jamo working hard.  Right now I am getting ready for a photo shoot that is on the 23rd so I am doing 1 hi carb day meaning carbs with first and second meal and than 3 days of lo carb meaning carbs only at meal 1.  Not going to lie....it get's tough.  Between that and the heat here in Phoenix my energy levels go way down.  So Friday I visited my naturopath and got a Vit B shot to help my energy levels.  As the competitions get closer I do an amino acid/vitamin push which is basically an IV of good stuff to help rebuild and get you over the hump.  Monday I start 2/day workouts so it is only going to challenge me more and that is how I choose to see it.  My shows are coming up in October and November.  I will go back to Vegas November 15th for Nationals to redeem myself (I hope anyway).  I think working with Jamo will take me to another level and after Nationals I will need to think about doing any more competitions.  I don't' know for sure now but we will see.

I took my son over to California for 2.5 weeks to go to a tournament with the Dodger scout team and then we went to Stanford for a 3 day camp for graduates of 2014.  He was able to connect with many coaches from different colleges and he had a great showing.  His pop time there was 1.8 sec.  He was happy and it really motivated him to work harder.  He is currently in a camp as ASU for pitchers and catchers and then I will be training him in the off season.

I have almost finished my workout room although I am always checking Craigslist for new and cool stuff for the gym.  I just ordered Cross Symmetry cables for the baseball players I train and I am going to invest in some ropes for training as well. I love the home gym, WOW is it so much easier to get things done and stay out of the heat.  My husband hung a tv in there so now I can watch ESPN while I do my sprints on my bike.  It's small but I like it and it is very me, just a lot of weights around, sandbags, med balls, thera balls, TRX, etc. all old school train functional and get it done type of gym.

School will start back soon so I am now in the process of creating my syllabus for a few classes and redoing my online class for the new text book.  As always I am doing voice work from my house and I have been getting a lot of corporate videos which has been some much needed income.

Well I hope you all are having a great summer and staying cool.  Keep stopping by as I track my journey to my show in October!  Feel free to ask any questions as well.

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment