Thursday, November 15, 2012

IT'S SHOWTIME!!

Well the time is here and I am so excited!!  I changed up EVERYTHING I have done in past years of competing taking a page out of Erin Stern's book and meditated and visualized success as well as listening to what my body wanted as I went through the weeks and months of training.  I feel in the best shape not only physically but mentally!  

Now are there things that I want to work on in the future?  Of course however those were things I learned along the way.  I learned to trust what I felt was right for ME and to move in that direction which opened new doors.  My glutes are really responding as my hip thrusts are now up to 210 pounds (at 48 years. that's right!) so I will continue to focus on glute training to really get them lifted.  

Of course, it is all subjective so when I step on stage I realize that some judges will score high and some lower and that is the nature of competing.  The huge part is that I am completely at peace with myself and I don't feel nervous about it at all.  I love, love and love being on stage so that is exciting and I am looking forward to it.  But there is no second guessing or anxiety over anything.  That is a wonderful feeling.  Listen to your own inner voice!  Sometimes it is a whisper and your anxieties can sound like a scream.  Listen to the whisper and hear the truth.

I am off to get my first tan sprayed on and then it's off to a meeting for all competitors.  I will keep you posted!!

Peace
Laura 

No comments:

Post a Comment