Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Designing Spaces

I don't know where the time goes.  I always mean to update this blog and the next thing I know it is a month later and it still is not finished.  So tonight I said "no going to sleep until you blog"  and what is crazy is that I have so much to tell you.

First, I just returned from shooting an episode of Designing Spaces for Lifetime TV.  I had a great time representing MAAX Spas and working with the entire crew.  Although we were sweating shooting outside in West Palm Beach, we did the whole shoot in about 2 hours.  It looks like the show will air for the first time on October 14, 2011 and I will be announcing it on Facebook and Twitter to remind everyone.  So please follow me there to get updates because I am really much better at those sites.
What is I love is meeting new people and having new experiences.  I can't say enough about my host for the show, John.  He is such a pro and so very talented.  Collin the producer and my makeup artist Laura were also fantastic and funny.  We laughed the entire time and cracked jokes.  I hope to work with all of them in the future.

After the shoot I headed to Birmingham, AL to visit my brother and family for a few days.  I got to watch my nieces Kaitlin and Jenna play volleyball for the first time.  I loved being there and watching them play and just hanging around talking.  I got to workout everyday I was there and sometimes twice!

Now that I am home I am teaching for Mesa Community College online, which I love.  It gives me freedom to continue to audition and work and more time to be a mom.  I am booked for next Tuesday for 3 hours of voice for a new company in the Valley.  I am looking forward to that.

Of course the big thing for me is that I am now 10 weeks out for Fitness America Nationals in Las Vegas.  It is November 18-19 and I am working towards getting ready.  The dieting is the big thing for me and as we all know as we age it gets harder to keep the muscle and lose the fat.  Today I headed to the track to run bleachers and jump bleachers, anything to work the butt!  For those of you who have never competed you should do it at least once.  It is so much fun on stage and the women are great.  I have met some fantastic ladies who are now friends.  So look for me in Vegas.   I also have to drive my son to Vegas for a baseball tournament and that takes a lot of planning to find some place to workout and pack all of my food.

Well I think that is all for today.  I hope all of you had an enjoyable summer.  I am looking forward to Fall and cooler temperatures.

Peace,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment